Process Development Engineer
AOR is one of Canada’s fastest growing Nutraceutical health supplement organizations. Our market leading premium products are manufactured and distributed primarily to specialty retailers throughout Canada and the United States. Headquartered in Calgary, AOR is in search of an experienced Process Development Engineer to join our team.
The Process Development Engineer is responsible for researching and developing new processes and making modifications to existing manufacturing in the nutraceutical/pharmaceutical processes to improve overall efficiency and profitability.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY TO INCLUDE (but not limited to):
Responsibilities of the job include:
- formulation of nutraceutical and pharmaceutical products, organising and overseeing process or production trials
- making improvements or modifications to current processes
- formulating new production processes or stages within processes
- generating ideas for new products and researching feasibility
- recording and analysing data
- presenting results to colleagues
- investigating and testing new equipment• liaising with engineering, research, technical and/or production staff• writing and reading technical papers, reports, reviews and specifications• keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Master’s degree (preferably with research experience) in Engineering in any one of the following fields is preferred: nutraceutical, pharmaceutical or food engineering
- A candidate with Bachelor’s degree in any one of the above fields, complemented by at least three years of relevant experience in a pharma/nutraceutical environment will also be considered.
A thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical/nutraceutical manufacturing processes is essential.
- A logical and investigative mind
- Excellent analytical skills
- A methodical approach to work
- Team-working skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work effectively with staff in non-scientific positions
- Good technical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Can-do approach
- A sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines at the same time
- Well organized and ready to act within production environment
Process Development Engineer usually works in a lab or production environment with a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings.
** Applicant must be eligible to work in Canada - be Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
To Apply: Send your Resume to email@example.com